Welcome to Envisage HypnoBirthing and congratulations on taking the first step to achieving a calm and comfortable birth.
My name is Esther Croft and I teach HypnoBirthing in small group classes at Mother-Well Holistic Health Centre in Mt Eden, and privately Auckland-wide. I believe that every woman deserves to enjoy her pregnancy free from fear and confident in the knowledge that she can give birth safely and comfortably.
Read on to learn more, or contact me if you would like to book a place on one of my courses.
What is HypnoBirthing?
HypnoBirthing is a holistic approach to birth preparation. It is based on the philosophy that modern mothers must prepare emotionally, as well as physically to achieve a gentle, natural birth.
Mothers work with their body, harnessing the body’s own natural painkillers which are many times stronger than morphine. The techniques help you achieve your best birth, whether you are planning to have a natural birth or any of the other options available.
Birth partners are taught techniques to support the mother, and take an active part in the birth and birth-preparation.
For more information about the benefits of HypnoBirthing, read 10 Reasons to take HypnoBirthing Classes. Also make sure you watch this video of couples talking about their experiences taking the classes and read my Birth Stories and Testimonials pages.
What is taught?
During a series of 5 x 2 ½ hour classes you will learn:
- How the female body is perfectly designed to birth easily
- How fear affects labour and contributes to the Fear-Tension-Pain cycle
- How to prepare your body physically through diet and exercise
- Self-hypnosis and relaxation techniques
- Fear-release exercises to use alongside visualisations and affirmations
- Breathing techniques and labour positions to work with your birthing body
- Techniques for birth companions to support a birthing mother
- How to select and work with your midwifes and/or other birth professionals
Group Classes are taught at Mother-Well Holistic Health Centre in Mt Eden, Auckland, and private classes are available at a venue of your choice.
*Header photo credit: Teza Harinaivo Ramiandrisoa